Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Getting Back in the Game





It was a whirlwind kind of week with a fair amount of chaos, but surprisingly not as much as I expected. The entire experience was actually kind of magical and I was so grateful for the abundant feelings of peace and serenity. Admittedly, I did not think a whole lot about how my younger adopteds were taking it all in, and when I received more than a handful of SOS calls from the school in the 3 days we were gone, I was not surprised, but I was frustrated and not really willing to give up the 'normalcy' of the marriage of my firstborn. I pushed back, and am still pushing even as  I realize I have to help them assimilate yet another loss in their lives. I am trying to convince them that this is really more about gaining a new brother than losing a sister.. but they aren't buying it, and as their behavior disintegrates, I find myself having to leave the fairy tale and get back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment