Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Driving the Ship"

Things continue to be progressing in a much more positive direction now that I have decided to take back the control of my my challenging child. We recently met with an area high school we had been considering sending her to next year, and I was surprised at how quickly and easily I was able to come to the decision that NO.. this was not the place for her. After doing some research I was able to find an unexpected avenue,  and I think we have successfully found her a landing spot and an alternative high school program that should be just right for her. Of course, every day is not a good day, but all is better overall and I can tell that as she feels more "held" and that the adults in her life feel like they are "in charge and in control"  -  she is much better able to regulate. We are moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment