Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Bit Surreal

So Cheyann came home for Thanksgiving for the first time in almost three and a half years. It was all a bit surreal. In hindsight I'm grateful I was busy with all of the activities that come along with hosting such an event because the whole situation just felt odd. Cheyann was low-key and subdued. At first she felt overwhelmed because there were too many family members and then she was uncomfortable because it was too quiet when they all went home. She went outside a lot and continued to ask to take a walk. For whatever reason I asked her not to go out alone. She is 18. I'm not sure where that discomfort came from but it was real. We did manage to play some games and she was able to collect some of her belongings that had been in storage and then chatted quietly with her sister but honestly we were all relieved when her ride came to collect her. I don't know what I was expecting...

No comments:

Post a Comment