Friday, March 15, 2013

Of Cadbury Eggs and Cat Poop...

There was an argument.. about a lock. Dad had purchased a new lock for the deep freezer  in an attempt to try to hold on to some designated food items for longer than a day or two.. (and a place for Melissa to keep the specialty food she has been buying for herself). The lock was "borrowed" and then "misplaced" before it could even be installed on the freezer. It was the resurfacing of the lock in the girls' room that caused the unpleasant interactions that followed. I can' t tell you exactly what that looked like. I wasn' t there. Thankfully.. I was out enjoying a High School hockey game. Apparently it must have been a doozy of an argument because I woke the next morning to a note from Dad to his girls thanking them for the gift of the cat poop in his shoes, and promising them a gift from him in return. Ah.. revenge. We use humor in our house. A lot. It does admittedly border on sarcasm. Often. But it does help to keep us sane in the midst of the craziness of raising children from trauma. In this case... the humor worked fairly well. Cheyann, the finally admitted culprit in all of this, was on pins and needles all day just waiting and watching for her father's return act. He kept her waiting. That was the best revenge of all. By the end of the day I was ready for the game to move on so I stopped to by a Cadbury Cream Egg for Cheyann to give to her Dad as a peace offering. They are his favorites. I think it worked.. I never did see any itching poweder in the underclothing.

1 comment: