Tuesday, April 3, 2018

I Am Trying You Know

"I am trying. I know you don't see it, but I am."   After some initial excitement about the possibility of Job Corps as the next logical step, Cheyann has now decided that it isn't for her. Unfortunately, the one job prospect that was on the table also fell through, and to make things even more complicated once she officially graduates from high school in June she is no longer eligible for the group home where she now resides. So, if no Job Corps, then what? Her bio dad is still hovering around but will soon return to his job in another state. He would like for her to go with him so he could continue to help her transition to "adulthood" and stay relatively stable, but she doesn't want to go. I do see that she is trying. She has made some decent strides in the year since she has been back in her home state, but real life is rearing it's head and she is just about out of time. She somehow still thinks that she can just pick up and find a job somewhere and hang out with others her age in some random apartment. At this point most I can do is to continue to offer her what I think are the best options for this time in her life. And pray that she can find her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment